USB Port is very important, because your data can be stolen by using a flash drive. If you have sensitive data on your computer and you don’t want anyone who uses your computer can copy and take your data, then you can disable USB Port with the help of Registry. This trick is very useful for office computers.
MAKE THESE CHANGES IN REGISTRY
You have to follow below steps for it:
- Click on computer ‘Start‘ button.
- Click on ‘Run‘. If you do not get Run then you can type term given below in the Search box.
- Type ‘regedit‘ in the search box, it will open Registry Editor on your computer.
- Now navigate below in registry editor and find “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR“.
- Then double click on ‘Start‘ in work area on right side.
- Enter 4 in ‘value data‘ box.
- Click on OK.
- Now close the Registry Editor and restart computer.
- To re-enable USB Port, enter 3 in value data box mentioned in step #6.