Everyday more than 3000 new computer viruses spread on the internet. So its necessary to keep your computer & laptop protected and safe from any virus. Virus can steal important and personal data from your computers, it can affect computer process and functions and completely remove data from hard disk. There are many Anti-virus Software are available in market, but what to do if you don’t have any anti-virus installed on your computer or laptop. If your laptop or PC is not functioning properly and if its due to any virus then you can follow these steps to remove virus without using antivirus.
TAKE HELP OF COMMAND PROMPT
- Click on computer Start button.
- Then click on Run. If you don’t find Run, then you can type below given term in Search box.
- Type cmd in search box.
- You get cmd icon in search result. Right on cmd icon and select “Run as administrator“.
- Now select that drive from where you want to remove virus. For example, you want to remove virus from D: drive, so type dir D: attrib -s -h /s /d *.* and press Enter.
- If you found any suspicious file here like file.exe or autorun.inf, then rename or remove such file using the steps below.
- You can use command rename filename.extension new filename to rename file.
- You can use command del /f filename to delete any file forcefully from Windows.
TAKE HELP OF ONLINE TOOLS
If you are thinking the above steps are difficult, then you can use any online virus scanner tools to remove viruses from your computers.
- Open Google search in your internet browser.
- Search “online virus scan” or “online virus remover“.
- You will get several well known antivirus websites like Quick Heal, Bit Defender, Symantec, E Set, etc. You can scan your computers online on these sites.